Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Ring Ring... Hello?

Today what made my day so positive was a few phone conversations I got to have. I don't get to catch up with people at home as often as I would like to but today, somehow, I fit a bunch of chatting in!

- I talked to David's sister, Maria, on the phone today. We had some good laughs and some serious talks too. I can't wait to see her when I am home for break! It's nice knowing that anytime for anything we can talk. We are so similar in lots of ways but most importantly it is nice having someone that shares my morals and values. She gets me.

- I also got to talk to my little brother, Ben, today too! He is growing up way too fast for me! Every time we talk he has a new adventure/project that he is working on. He'll be on spring break too when I am home but I don't know how much I'll see him. Dexter is over for us so.... what is there for us to do? :)

- Near the end of my day while I was grocery shopping I got to talk to my friend, Jason. He had me cracking up in the store! I went to the store with 5 things on my list and left $80 poorer! I just bought stuff and food and it added up! (It was more than 5 things though.) Anyway, I told Jason I think my weekend will be pretty calm so I might try to bake something and then bring the snacks into class to which his response was, "Man, I wish there were more loner girls in my classes!" I thought that was quiet humorous. Thanks for putting up with me, J!

- And last but not least, I ended my night with some Skype time with David. We didn't get to talk much last night so it was nice to relax and talk and joke around. (I love Skype because I feel like we are together, but then I realize we aren't and it's sad.) We discussed events happening in March because that is what I am really looking forward to right now! We also talked about his job some. You know, the daily chatty stuff. Then we watched two episodes of The New Girl together. It was hilarious!! I laughed so hard at one part I started coughing and choking and had to get a throat lozenge. Afterwards we played "Would you rather..." so I could get some ideas for his birthday gift.  It was fun. However, when I asked, "Would you rather talk to me or go to sleep?" and I go no response I knew it was time to say good night.

So to you all, "Would you rather live your life getting through the days or live your life looking forward to the next positive thing that makes you smile?"

I think we all know my answer!

1 comment: