Thursday, February 9, 2012

Might as well rename the blog "David"

I don't know how it happened but it did... I am about to post two days in a row where David has a direct impact on my positive for the day! The title of this post seems like I'm unhappy about this but really... I am so lucky I have him encouraging me. We may be miles and miles apart but we are still going through this crazy thing called life together. Anyway, onto positive number 14!!

Starting from the beginning, this summer we were at a wedding and on top of the cupcakes were little tin stackable rings. They were thin and shiny and had a slight design on them. Well, as a joke I started wearing one... but then it grew on me! I loved it! I had a free and beautiful ring. It also reminded me of all the happy times we have shared. For Christmas this year, David gave me a similar ring except it is a real piece of jewelry and not cheap bendable metal. It is beautiful!! Sadly, it came in a few days after Christmas and I had already came back to Virginia. David brought it when he came to visit later in January and it started to feel like the series of unfortunate events... the ring was too small. Tried as I might I couldn't get it on my finger. (I wear it on the middle finger of my left hand.) So shipped off to be resized it went!

I hope you can see where I am getting with all this.... positive number 14 is that I was able to pick up my ring today and wear it!! It is lovely silver with two tiny rows of diamonds and other engraved etched designs. Very similar to my old one but a real piece of jewelry with diamonds and sparkle and sturdiness!! And it is on my finger!! I am so happy!!! Thank you David! I love it! (Somehow he was able to have his Christmas gift to me count as a Valentine's Day gift as well. Lucky guy!!)

In other news, I have a candidate for the JMU CSPA program staying with me at my apartment tonight. I forgot how much I like the company of having someone to talk to. She has been so much fun. If I could take her energy and sell it - I'd make millions! We went out to a late dinner with the rest of the cohort and other candidates. That was also fun. Tomorrow during their interviews I'm signed up for a tour shift which is a little funny because sometimes I still feel lost on campus! I love the Quad though so I can't go wrong showing that off! It's so hard to believe that last year at this time I was interviewing for graduate school positions! So crazy to think how time moves us along, ready or not, here life comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment