Wednesday, February 8, 2012

As promised..

Positive #13 is a special message that David reminded me of a few days ago. I've been having a difficult time lately with my summer internship interviews. I feel a lot of pressure to get hired but I also feel lots of stress everywhere in my life where do I have time to prepare and do well on the interviews?! I was telling this all to David when he reminded me that I need to pray about it because God is in control. Then I said something along the lines of for God to be able to help me do well I need to prepare well myself first. I have a responsibility in this too. David's response, "Don't question the way God does things. He forgives you for your sins so accept that and feel good about His graces. You need to let it be simply that God loves you and wants to help always." It was a beautiful reminder that I don't deserve it, not one bit, but God loves me through that and still will help the best thing for me happen to me. So I'm trusting in his plan... I would ask everyone to pray that certain administrators at a certain school are moved to hire me but that doesn't fit in well with my new attempt at trying to let go and let God... Therefore, let me rephrase that, I would love prayers to be said for me to be at peace with this process and to continue trying to be the best interviewer (and student) that I know how to be. AMEN!

A few other good things happened today and I felt the need to list them here.
- I got 4 HUGE chicken tenders and 2 servings of potato wedges at Walmart today for $3.75. That is two meals for under $2!!
- I spoke with 2 of the 3 candidates who will be staying with me this weekend. It should be very fun!! However, I'm accepting donations of sheets and bath towels because we all remember what happened to my new apartment bath towels... I still cringe when I see the fuzzies pop up unexpectedly...
- I went to a program tonight. There were about 50 people there. It was on Societal Gender Norms. I was the only white person in the room. It was a little uncomfortable at first but I broke the ice by cheering when the speaker said he got his Master's in College Student Personnel in Louisville, KY. I also joined in on some of the discussion. I ended up being very happy I went even though it meant being on campus later than planned.

Tomorrow's a long day but I'll try to squeeze in a post!! I've been doing good so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment