Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Almost forgot!

I almost forgot to post today! Luckily I remembered right before bed so I'm not slacking. I actually have a really good positive for the day today too!!

Positive #12 is that I got an A on a counseling tape! For those of you that know me, you know I've explained how one of my counseling classes works. We video tape ourselves in a tiny little room where one person is the counselor and the other is the client. Then we finished up, switch partners, and do it again. Then in class we watch the tapes and receive feedback. At first I was more nervous about being the client and having things to talk about (which hasn't been hard at all! I've just talked about all my issues that I didn't realize I had!) but after doing it a few times - it is really hard to be a counselor! There is so much to listen to, think about, metaphors to create, head nods, facial expressions, posture, tone of voice, and on and on!! It is draining! Last week, after taping, I felt pretty good about the session I had. It was very encouraging to see that I felt good about the right thing and I had earned a high grade. Yay!!

However, on the other side of things... I still am not completely confident I know how to do the same thing over again. It is really hard work, maybe I just got lucky? I am keeping an open mind and attitude and I'll just try my best when we tape again tomorrow!

I've been doing very well coming up with a positive for each day but tomorrow (unless something really amazing happens) I'm going to reserve for something David told me the other day that I keep meaning to write down. It'll still be a positive but I'm back tracking a little bit because it's been on my mind so much lately. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment